Thursday, February 22, 2007

Milestone for Middy!

You may remember that one of my New Year's Goals (sounds much better than Resolutions, don't you think?) was to get down to doing my cross-stitch A Midsummer NIght's Fairy that had been on a back-burner for a while.

Well, I've been updating the photo down my menu bar fairly regularly, but felt that the latest photograph deserved a post, as she has reached a milestone. She has a face!!!

On her face and arms, I recharted them and have been stitching over one (so the stitches are a quarter the size of the stitches on the rest of the piece) to give a smoother, more detailed finish. It is my first time trying this out, as well as being my first time stitching on evenweave fabric, and I am seriously pleased with the results. (If you click on the photo, you will see all progress pics in my Flickr account).


I am really pleased at the progress I am making on her. However, she does rather look like Britney Spears at the moment, so I will need to get some hair on her as soon as possible!

In typical Libran style and after uhmming and ahhing, I have changed tomorrow's day off to next Monday and Tuesday. I was right, it's half term and I can't face a batallion of teenagers again at the skating rink!

4 comments:

Jennifer Watson said...

OOh.

I like the new site :-). Makes me want to give mine a revamp!!

Amanda said...

Thank you Jen!

I was getting a bit carried away yesterday, playing around with template layouts and html codes.

I quite like it, but it might all change again though!

Julia Buckley said...

This is lovely, you must finish it.

Amanda said...

Thank you Julia!