Traffic Jam!
This is getting just plain daft now. The rink was so busy today (at the so-called "quiet session") that there were traffic jams forming down the sides.
Needless to say, this limited what I did today. So partly planned, and partly by chance, I left the 3-turns alone today (on the advice of 3-turn herself!). I just spent the session playing around on my edges, slaloming, one foot glides, chasses, forward crossovers and forward stroking and had a really nice skate. What a change it is when you don't get all frustrated over one tiny, intensely irritating move!
I also got chatting to someone who was just learning to skate and holding onto her friends hand. I sorted her skates out for her so they didn't hurt any more, and chatted about the adult skating course at Ally Pally. Oh yes, there were tons of tiny tots there this evening as well, so they were very keen on the sound of an adult only session! And they complimented me on my skating, which was really nice of them. It is lovely to be praised by public session skaters! They won't be doing that for long, if they start the adult course . . .
So altogether, even though they should have been introducing the congestion charge on the skating rink today, as well as in the West of London (sometimes I am so glad I don't drive!), it was an enjoyable skate.
That will be it now until Friday (no session to make up for the lack of lesson on Wednesday unfortunately) unless I go to the public "disco" session at Sobell on Wednesday. Hmmmm . . . .
And on Friday and Monday, I have taken the days off work to have a long weekend - oh the bliss! On Friday, I plan to skate morning and possibly afternoon (and start trying that 3-turn again) and on Monday, a friend who also has the day off is coming skating with me. So pupil becomes teacher! Although it is still half term this week for some schools, so I may well cancel Friday and delay till the week after . . . When did it start that my life revolves around when I can skate?!!


2 comments:
AOSS - a difficult thing to explain especially to other people who do not suffer from it. Still I think there are a lot worse things we could be addicted to!!
Tell me about it!
I've just cancelled my annual leave on Friday as it is half term and I don't like skating on my days off when it is packed, and am now taking Monday (as planned) and Tuesday off instead!
I am addicted to some bad things - ice cream for example
:-) Still, I guess even that's not as bad as some things . . .
Post a Comment