Friday, February 09, 2007

Magpie Tendencies

I am widely known as something of a magpie amongst my friends. I am attracted to "magpie" type things - anything shiny, glossy, glittery, silvery, floaty, sparkly or pretty is almost guaranteed to catch my attention (OMG, I am going to be a complete nightmare when it comes to one day thinking of dresses for ice dance!).

So it is not really a surprise, that even seven months before I get to upgrade my phone, I have my beady magpie eyes already fixed on the phone I want. I spent about six months waiting to upgrade to my current one!

I am in love.

Meet . . . the soon to be released LG Prada phone.

That's right . . . . PRADA !!

I am practically hyperventilating with desire over this one. It has the usual sort of stuff - MP3 player, 2mp camera, video player, external memory slot and a rather handy document viewer (that can view Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc).

Better than all of that though, is that it has a touch sensitive interface, ie. you press on the icons, or select from the menu, or scroll down your phone lists, on the large 3 inch screen with your finger! Not only that, but I think it looks divine - all black and slinky.

I hope that by the time I get to upgrade, it will be much reduced in price and available on my network (although I would change!).

If it isn't, LG have just released another nice phone - the LG Shine.
It doesn't make my knees go quite as weak as the Prada does, but it has it's redeeming features. When not in use, the screen disappears and leaves a mirror finish (great for touching up the makeup, girls!). It also has a lovely brushed stainless steel finish - my last two phones have had metal casing and I do like it. But it doesn't have the strokable touch sensitive interface!!

. . . sigh . . . only another seven months to go.

(you see Jen? Another one with avian tendencies!!!)

4 comments:

michaela said...

That is indeed sexy. And I usually roll my eyes at people who go nuts over the latest phones.

Amanda said...

Me too funnily enough! But every year, I get it quite firmly fixed into my head which shiny new phone I want, and then have to wait MONTHS for it. And it has to look just so, and fulfil the magpieness of my inner soul :-)

Jennifer Watson said...

oooohhhhhhhhh....

I want one!!

I too switched networks for my new phone because I fell in love with it.

My latest Magpie thing... the apple tv thing. It is sex in a well designed box.

Also, is it wrong that I am proud of your declarlation of avain tendencies!?
hehe!

Amanda said...

No Jen - I think you should be proud. Together we could form a whole aviary!!!