New Years Resolutions . . .
Wishing you all the best for 2007!
I have been thinking about what New Year Resolutions I could do for this year. I don't normally do resolutions so have kept them short and sweet.
- Get back to Karate training
- Start attending the Ice Skating club in the Spring (ie. when the mornings are a little lighter!)
- Reach Level 8 in the Skate UK by the summer holidays
- Not to keep putting my cross-stitch that I am working on off to one side for months.
With regard to the last one, I figure if I put regular updates on my blog, then it will inspire me to keep going on it (and you can nag me as much as possible!). So for the first update, first of all what it looks like at the moment:
And what it will look like when it is completed about sixty billion years from now.

I have actually done a fair bit over the Christmas period so just need to keep going. For those of you that might be interested, it is a Mirabilia design - "A Midsummer Night's Fairy". Lots of headachey beading, metallic threads and the like.
Skating lessons are now booked for the next sessions, starting on the 9th January (with a week off halfway through to allow for a bike show at the rink). I am really looking forward to getting back to skating - I haven't really felt the urge to go to holiday public sessions!
Lastly, as promised, I said I would let you know who has been practising for "Dancing on Ice" up at Ally Pally when it became official. Well guess what! So, the people I have seen are:
- Stephen Gately
- Duncan James
- Neil Fox (aka Dr Fox)
- Clare Buckfield
Enjoy the rest of your holidays everyone!


3 comments:
Hi Amanda and a Happy New Year to you. Like you I haven't done any skating over the holiday period as all the sessions seem to be disco ones aimed at teenagers. My lessons begin on 8 January and I would also like to get to at least level 8 by summer.
I'm sort of looking forward to Dancing on Ice but I have to admit I am secretly jealous of all the skating training they have and they get paid for it (OK I wouldn't want to perform in front of 11 million viewers!!).
By the way I love the cross stitch - I have tried it but it gives me migraines - I am more of a dressmaker myself and have had my sewing machine out over Christmas.
Hi Jane!
I am hoping that putting the cross stitch on my blog will keep me motivated to do it - I have put a section for the most up to date photo on the navigation bar on the right, so keep checking!
I am kind of jealous of all the teaching they are getting, but having watched them practice for hours every day, it is pretty hard going. And some of them were still a little wobbly when I last saw them . . . :-)
Thanks Amanda - that makes me feel better!!
Philip Schofield said today that Dancing On Ice actually starts on 20 January and not 13 January as in the press.
Post a Comment