The world is not my Oyster today
Today was a trip down to the Littlest Rink (which I haven't been to for a number of weeks) - Lea Valley was out, as Stacey has gone on some loved up weekend in Dorset.
Actually, it wasn't a bad skate. One of the tasks I set myself today was the FO Mohawks (to improve them for the barrelrolls) and I decided I was going to do 10 on each side, without flunking any of them by ending up spinning around on two feet. And do you know what - I did them!!!! I am so chuffed how much these are improving. The major problem I am having with these now is just on the left to right ones, and I am struggling to get onto the outside edge after the turn. For some reason, this isn't a problem the other way.
Did a few 3-turns into landing position, which I enjoy, but trying to maintain the BO edge for a little while after the 3-turn, instead of stepping down too quickly. Tried a few 3-jumps on the barrier, but they weren't playing very well today and I also spent quite a lot of time doing 2-foot and aiming for a 1-foot spin. I can manage a very scratchy single revolution on one foot, but I guess (I hope!) this will get better as I get used to the sensation.
The rink was busy, but as it emptied towards the end, I managed to get some fast stroking in, some FXO's, and some cross-rolls. A most satisfactory skate really!
And then . . . .
I walked to the bus-stop, and panic set in as I couldn't find my Oyster Card anywhere (for my overseas buddies, this is a pre-paid touch-in travel card in London - mine has my entire yearly bus-pass on it, as well as some pay-as-you-go cash for the tube). Rushed back to the skating rink - nowhere, so I must have left it on the bus. So I now have to wait for a new one to be sent to me, and pay extra for my travel this week - on a week where I am a little strapped for cash. Aaaaarrrgh!
Let's hope Dancing On Ice cheers me up a bit. I can't wait to see what Chris Fountain pulls out of the bag this week!!!


2 comments:
Maddening about your Oyster, but they are very good at replacing them. This has gone half off the screen, and I can't see what I'm typigng, so hope no dreadful ty
Not too bad, considering, Mrs R!
Wouldn't be so bad, but I have rather a habit of losing them . . . on average, one a year
:(
Still, noone to blame but myself!
Post a Comment