Another beautiful day!
What a beautiful sunny day it has been today!
Went to Lea Valley again today on their public session, whilst Stacey was riding next door, and it was busy again but I had a good practice.
As last week, the first 10 minutes were relatively quiet as people put their skates on, so I did forward stroking, FXO's, Russian stroking, crossrolls and forward edges. I even managed to do a couple of spirals - the first one was uncomfortably forward, but managed to bring the weight back onto my heel for the second one.
When it got busier, I spent some time working on barrel rolls again. They are kind of making progress - it's only really the FO mohawk that I am having the trouble with, but as long as I don't look down and make sure I pre-rotate, turn my legs out, check my arms and head and keep my weight back after the turn, they work fine!!!! I also did a few BXO's looking behind me, and I am getting used to my head twisting round now - again I have to remember to keep my weight back, my biggest backward problem.
Last of all I spent some time on the one-foot slaloms that we did in my lesson on Wednesday. Slowly getting the hang of it, and I do really enjoy doing this! The curves are very small still, but I am beginning to feel how I can influence the edge with my knees, hips and the rise and fall. Bring on those Thighs Of Steel . . . :)
Then I walked over to the riding centre to meet Stacey, got to cuddle a few horses (if I marry a rich man, I will be back on a horse before you can blink!) and now my hands smell of horse, even though I have washed them about five times. I don't really mind though . . .
Looking forward to Dancing On Ice now - I was quite relieved when Aggie got voted out last week. I was beginning to wince, every time I saw her skating, bless her!
No lesson this week for me, unfortunately. My coach jetted off to Arosa in Switzerland yesterday, to coach at a week long skating camp. Hopefully I'll get those barrel rolls consistent on her return - I know I can do them! Once they are up to her required standard, I'll have Passport Bronze signed off, along with half of the Silver and a bit of the Gold! Level 1 Field Moves are getting uncomfortably real now . . .


No comments:
Post a Comment