Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So cold!

It really is quite tortuous getting too and from the rink at the minute, with temperatures being as they are, but I had a reasonable skate today, so it was worth it!

I spent quite a lot of time doing forward edges and cross-rolls today, trying to make them look effortless. My bum still sticks out on occasion when I don't get enough power behind my forward edges, but generally quite pleased with those and the cross-rolls.

Barrel-rolls were next on the agenda, and dare I say it, getting there with the checks and positioning. Still finding it a bit difficult to get right over on the outside edge after my left FO mohawk, but another minor breakthrough when I realised if I bring the free leg right in before placing it on the ice, it is much easier to transfer the weight. D'oh!

Did a few 3-turns into landing position, some two foot (and trying to do one foot) spins, and then I spent some time on compulsory dances.

Canasta Tango went okay - I was really trying to keep it to as perfect a pattern as possible, after my last lesson, and also trying to speed up the cross-roll on the short axis. Dutch Waltz went well, and getting slightly steeper edges now. And still my favourite :)

Generally, a nice practice today. And the bus came almost immediately afterwards! Being half-term meant the ice was a bit rough and wet, but the upside was that patch was nice and quiet! Can't wait for my lesson tomorrow though - I haven't had one for two weeks!!!

No comments: