Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A Pleasant Practice

It did start out as one of those evenings, where you think "Do I have to go out?". But like most of those times, it turned out to be a nice patch, if a little busy today!

I did some big things - forward edges, which are feeling nice and controlled now (just need more power), Russian stroking - working on expression with my arms, head and everything else above the waist up, FXO's, etc.

I spent an awful lot of time on barrel rolls, and think they have improved somewhat, as long as I don't rush it, and I really commit to the weight transfer and turn on the mohawk (otherwise, the mohawk don't happen!). I hope they are still there tomorrow. I also did a bit on FI mohawks, which I think have also improved ever so slightly. A few BXO's, so I can work on looking where I am going - as long as I keep my weight firmly on the back leg, they feel okay, some FO3's into landing position and a bit of Dutch Waltzing! So a nice varied practice, and I have a slightly achey back and bum now which is a good sign I think, although that could be from the rather punishing aqua aerobics class I did last night!!!

No comments: