Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another good skate

Patch tonight, and another good skate. Things are going generally quite well at the moment :)

Lots of backward crossovers again, and I worked on building up speed today. I think they were getting a little bit faster. I am learning to sit right back into my blade which stops that feeling of toppling forward and bending my knees more as well. I am sure nowhere near enough, but they are quite bent! My BO landing positions are not bad either and I am holding my right BO edge much better.

Other than my current usual fun (who ever thought I would say that!) doing BXO's, I did some crossrolls, lots of work on my forward edges - where my FI edges feel like the control has suddenly improved tenfold, some attempts at spinning (a bit rubbish, but I keep doing some every time I practice - it has to click at some point!), a few spirals which I think are getting higher and some barrel rolls - still improving bit by bit!

I also did a few sequences of both the Canasta Tango and the Dutch Waltz. Both felt not too bad and I think the crossroll swing and the first FXO on the Tango are getting a tad quicker, which is really the only two points where it slows down.

Tomorrow's going to be a hectic day. I have to go to Coventry for an awayday, get back to London at five-ish and then rush to Ally Pally for my later than normal lesson at six thirty. Having also stopped off at Starbucks to get some promised date cake for my coach, who is THE biggest Starbucks addict you will ever, ever meet. Mrs Redboots will confirm that I am sure! So by the time I get to patch, I could be somewhat knackered!

No comments: