Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .

As my coach is in Arosa teaching at a skating camp, there was no lesson for me today. However, I kept to my normal routine - skipped out of work earlyish, and headed for patch. Especially as I had missed yesterday evening, due to feeling completely exhausted.

It was nice today, albeit a little bumpy on some parts of the rink. Fairly quiet though (being half term) and I managed to run through quite a few things.

Did some forward edges, Russian Stroking, FXO's, and 1-foot slaloming - which is much easier I have decided with my leg extended forward, rather than tucking my foot into the side of my skating leg.

Spent LOTS of time on FO Mohawks and Barrel Rolls. They are improving every session now, which I am pleased about, and today they were beginning to happen with a smidgen more speed. I was really focussing on getting onto the BO edge after the turn - this happens quite nicely on my right to left mohawks, but not so well on the other side.

I also ran through all my FI3's and FO3's today, just to make sure they are behaving themselves :) And they are, thankfully! My RFI3's are perhaps a tad scrapy, but the others are all happening quite beautifully and they are at least working, they just have a slight soundtrack accompanying them!

Apart from that, ran through the Dutch Waltz (love it) and then some of the Canasta Tango when the music was on. Hehe - still seems disgustingly fast!

And then I had to stand at the top of Alexandra Palace for what felt like hours, in freezing cold fog waiting for the bus. I was completely frozen by the time I got home, and only just about defrosted now . . . .

2 comments:

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

Yes, you're supposed to do the one-footed slaloms with the free leg extended forwards. And behind, when going backwards (they are about the only thing I find easier backwards than forwards!). But you are NOT supposed to use your free leg to change your edge - it's supposed to be all in the action of the skating knee. Yes, well....

Amanda said...

D said I could try it either way, but I do prefer it with my leg in front.

And of course I wasn't using the free leg to change my edge . . . (looking away shiftily . . .)

:D