A small touch of pride . . .
What a lovely thing it is to look down at your tracings on the ice with a small sense of pride. Today I went to the 2 hour public free-for-all down at the Littlest Rink and it was just a touch manic, with all those little darlings zooming around uncontrollably . . .
However, I managed to lay claim for a while to a very small corner of the rink and apart from the Barrier Clutchers, I actually got quite a lot of 3-turn practice in. And they are still improving! I suppose I am getting them on about 40% of the time on the RFO's and the LFO's are beginning to catch up, with a couple actually happening. All of them are quite slow, both left and right, but speed can come in time when I have the technique right. And as I said, looking down and seeing those figure 3's traced on the ice made me just a little bit proud! Just for fun, I also had a go at forward inside 3-turns with the barrier. I think the correct phrase here for the time being is "BWAAH HA ha ha ha . . . . !!!!!!!!!"
Apart from 3-turns, and picking small children up of the ice, I only really did a few other things. Edge work, some forward crossovers (I have been neglecting these a bit recently), forward stroking and continuous forward curves on both edges. Particularly when everyone had got off the ice and I did the continuous curves on outside edges down the centre of the rink - bliss! It was too busy to practice any backward things today - I will save those for patch.
And after the busy-ness of today, I am really looking forward to my next patch session on Tuesday. How things can change in the course of a week! As I will be missing my lesson on Wednesday (and sulking about that quite a lot . . . ) I will be going to the quiet session tomorrow at the Littlest Rink and then patch on Tuesday at Ally Pally. I have to get those 3-turns better by Wednesday after next for the test - and hopefully get Level 6 sorted!


6 comments:
hi, just want to let you know i enjoy your blog. i decided to start my own as well. good luck on the 3 turns, they'll come in time. i know i spent a looong time in the Gamma level because of those!
Hi Niuiceprincess - thanks for dropping by and your lovely comment
:-)
Will wander over to your blog when I get a moment!
And it's always nice to get encouragement about those pesky 3-turns
:-D
Hi Amanda - it's me again. I had 2 weeks off the ice but am back on it again (sigh of relief) with a new set of blades on my boots. I have decided they need a good sharpen as I do not appear to have a left outside edge.
I have been reading your blog throughout my recuperation. Well done on cracking the outside 3 turns. I have mastered the right inside 3 turn but my left really does not want to go. I am blaming the blades at the moment!!
Did you enjoy the Dancing on Ice finale? I thought the right person won. Kyran had been consistent throughout the competition and did some amazing skating.
Hi Jane - how lovely to see you back! How did it all go?
I really need to get my blades sharpened as well but am scared that I will lose everything temporarily
:-D
I really did enjoy the final and thought Kyran was the right winner. However, I did think that Claire really pulled out the stops on the last show and really enjoyed her Bolero. I think it was a close run thing!
Thanks Amanda. The operation appears to have been successful as I can now breath again and the cyst which was removed was benign.
Yes I have to agree both Boleros were great. Wouldn't it have been nice to have seen Duncans? I feel so sorry for them when they are stood there in their costumes ready to go and are told they cannot do it. I feel quite frustrated too as I would like to see all 3 versions.
I went to Skate UK last night for the first time in ages and found out we are being tested next week for Level 7. I am now beginning to panic as I only have Sunday morning in which to crack my left inside 3 turn:-(
I'm glad to hear that, especially about it being benign.
Apparently Duncan's will be on the Dancing On Ice DVD - maybe time to hint to husbands / boyfriends / relatives? :-D
Good luck with getting your FI3's - I can't even comprehend how these work at the moment, so you must be better than that! And if not - blame it on the blades :-)
Post a Comment