Saturday, March 10, 2007

I'm Registered!

I took my patch registration form up to Ally Pally this morning, and timed it for the lunchtime patch session so that I could have a peek through the window to see what I should expect.

It was quite busy today, with about 30 people on the ice. Well, quiet compared to public sessions, but busy when you consider that there is no "Everyone Must Skate in a Anti-Clockwise Direction" rule and there are people zooming all over the place doing spins and jumps! And of course, it looked like everyone was brilliant which is quite daunting. I might go to the lunchtime patch tomorrow, but equally I might wait until Tuesday evening, when apparently it is quite quiet after about 7.00.

I'm scared . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely find out which are the quieter patch sessions and dip your toe in the (frozen) water at one of those.

Mrs Redboots kindly advised me of a quiet evening patch session at our rink and it really helped to get used to that one before I braved the busier morning patches.

I still feel a little unworthy at times but I shake it off quickly enough and love, love, love skating patch vs public now. I'm sure you'll prefer it after a little while too. Good Luck :)

Amanda said...

Hi Clare - thanks for advice
:-)

I am sure I will love it, as you say, it's just dipping your toe in the water. I think I will be waiting until the quieter session on Tuesday though!!