Bad dress rehearsal . . .
Initially today, I was really looking forward to the patch session tonight, but it all went a bit wrong!
First of all I fell asleep on the bus home, which always makes me feel a bit groggy. I think I may have to invest in some multi-vitamins, just to make sure I am getting all I need to keep me feeling energetic. Then on the way up to the rink, something in my lower back went "Twaaaannngg . . ." and it has been feeling decidedly stiff and painful ever since. I have mentioned my freaky genetics before when it comes to my joints - basically they are all hypermobile. Not enough to cause me problems, but occasionally I'll get a bit of a twinge in my back or neck. Luckily, I have a degree in osteopathy, so know what exercises I need to do to make it better! I just have to practice what I preach . . .
So altogether, when I got on the ice, I was a bit "bleugh". I did 3-turns for the majority of the time and they were a bit "bleugh" as well. Somewhere in the middle, the RFO3's were happening reasonably consistently, and the LFO3's were happening a few times. But then it all went horribly wrong again, and I gave up. I only spent about 45 minutes skating today, and didn't really do much else. I did some forward stroking practice, and some lengths of continuous curves on both edges, which all went okay. I also retried the FI3's to see if it made more sense, and it did today. Using the barrier as support, I can actually do the turn quite smoothly. I haven't dared try these properly yet though!
Then I had to wait half an hour for the bus to come home again, standing at the top of Alexandra Palace park where it was really quite chilly. I am sure that has done my back no good at all! But I am all snuggled up in the warm now in my dressing gown with cushions behind me, and painkillers inside me. Hopefully it should have eased by tomorrow - as I have to do the test!
I am hoping that the adage "It'll be alright on the night" rings true - today was not a good dress rehearsal!
One thing that has gone well is the baker boy cap I knitted for my best mate. I only started knitting a couple of months ago, and this was my first attempt at cabling (the twisty rope effect for non-knitters!). It's nice to have someone to knit hats for, as I look really stoopid in them, but they are great to knit! So here are front and back photos of my cap. Not brilliant pictures, but you get the idea . . .


11 comments:
Oh wow! now THAT is a coool hat!
I'll have one in black please :-D!
you are just too damm talented!
Why thank you Jen :-D
I am happy to make you one in black if you wish . . .
arwwwwwwwwww sooooooooo coooooooooooooooooooool! I have a slight thing for hats!
Also if you could teach me how to go down a row in knitting that would be fab - all I know at the moment is how to knit one continuous line of stitches. A handy scarf for a mouse, but not much else :-)
Bit excited now!
p.s he's coming over tonight to talk. What do you reacon?
I am a fairly beginner knitter, but I do know how to increase / decrease and "go down a row" - hint, you just turn the knitting around and start in the opposite direction
:-D
I reckon you should play it cool, listen to what he has to say and not give too much away . . .
me. Cool? yeah. like that's gonna happen.
Your hat looks great. The crown is much neater than mine! Did you find the pattern tricky to understand at all, or was I just being a bit thick?
It wasn't abundantly clear to understand once the patt2tog started. Basically, as I didn't really know what to do, if the first stitch of the two was a purl stitch below, then I purled it, and if it was a knit stitch below I knitted it. Don't know if that makes any sense!
Yes, it was the patt2tog bit that confused me the most too. I understand what you did - looks like it was the correct thing to do. I'll have to make a note of that, in case I ever do this hat again.
Hey, can you post the pattern for that hat? I absolutely LOVE it, and I am interested in knitting one for my cousin for Christmas. Thanks!
Hi Marie!
If you email me (there is a link on the top right of my blog), I can send you the pattern next Tuesday (I am away from home until then).
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment