Monday, March 12, 2007

Feeling Energetic!

I haven't braved a patch session yet (it looked too busy for me at the moment over the weekend) so went to the "Quiet . . . Ha ha ha, you 'avin' a larf?" session at the small rink.

Surprisingly though, I enjoyed the session. I felt really comfortable on my blades (I love that feeling!) and had fun playing around with my edges - one foot glides, slaloming etc. I had a go at a few 3-turns, but don't find these so stressful now that I have managed to do a couple! I was on the verge today with a few (one of them just might have been one) but I can feel them progressing now. I am holding myself more upright, my head is more in line with my torso, and I am making sure my free foot is tucked in nicely. Now I have to concentrate on not letting my weight fall forward on the turn. And at the end of the session, I stayed on till everybody else had got off, and did some continuous curves down the length of the rink. changing from outside to inside edges halfway. I didn't get to practice powerful push-offs today, but the actual alternating edges felt quite good, especially on the inside edges.

So altogether, quite content with today's skate. I have also been focussing on eating really healthily over the last week, and I am now feeling the resulting energy boost which I think helps a lot on the ice! Lots of salads, fruit, fibre etc. I have probably lost a few pounds as well which always helps to make you feel better, but I am refusing to weigh myself as I just tend to become obsessed with the scales. I am going to go by how I look and feel instead. Much more sensible I think!

If I am brave, I will go to patch tomorrow evening. Eeek!

No comments: