Patch practice
After the horrors of the Littlest Rink on Sunday, it was positively divine to go to patch this evening, even though it was relatively busy!
I spent a bit of time on my forward edges today, working on keeping the knee pointing forward as I bring the leg through. It made it harder for a while, and then I got the hang of it. No more 'dog peeing up a lamppost leg' here!
I spent loads of time on mohawks and barrel rolls. Barrel rolls slow but sure, apart from one issue I've noticed, where I grind forward onto my toepick after the crossover and before I step forward. I have worked out that lifting my toes in my skates stops this, but then I have the still scary thing of gliding backward with my feet crossed! I guess I'd better get used to it!
I tried to work on the underpush on my FXO's, but I really don't think I am doing a very good job there. Hopefully this will get better with lots of practice.
Apart from that, just some waltz-3's, Russian stroking and stroking practice. I enjoyed my practice today!


No comments:
Post a Comment