Lots of energy!
A lesson tonight, and a relatively quiet patch which was nice. We did a mixture of Passport and Level 1 Field Moves today, and then a couple of dances, so quite a packed session.
Perimeter Stroking: YAY!!! My foot WAS pointing in the right direction on the FXO's!! You've no idea how happy I am about this! Now we are focussing on the underpush . . .
Forward Edges: Worked out why I am swerving in on these, especially on the inside edges. When I bring my free leg through, I do it with my leg turned out (like the ex-ballerina I am!). When I tried it with the knee pointing forward, it felt much more controlled.
Crossovers: Again - I now need to think about the underpush on the FXO's. I really tried to put more power into the BXO's today and they were much faster. Now I just need to hike up the brevity! But I am getting braver on these all the time, which I am thrilled about.
Forward alternating open and closed chasses: Getting better, and it has helped me work out what causes the majority of my problems, with these and with mohawks. Basically, if I have to do some manoevure whilst changing skating leg, I don't trust the weight transfer enough - ie. on these I don't trust transferring the weight onto the crossed under foot, on mohawks I don't commit fully to the weight transfer. And it's true - knowing the problem is halfway there to solving it! Much better by the end, if a little slow.
Barrel Rolls: During the lesson and on lots of practice afterwards using the point I learnt with my chasses, I finally get closed mohawks! Very happy, especially as I can quite happily do barrel rolls on my own now. All the closed mohawks took was a nice strong upper body rotation :)
Waltz 3's: I LOVE doing these!! Just need to make sure I don't drop my free foot too soon after the 3-turn, but it's fine when I concentrate on it.
Alternating FXO's and Slip Chasse's: Beginning to get a better "slip" on these now. Just need to not leave my bottom sticking out . . . :)
Novice Foxtrot: Not bad. The pattern is getting much bigger and I need to work on the transition from the short to the long axis, so I get a good strong change of edge, but not bad.
Canasta Tango: Did this twice - second time felt really good - good speed and better once D told me to get my cross-roll pushing out from the direction of travel, rather than trying to do it going forward. Again, I need to work on the transition steps.
I also have some versions now of the Foxtrot, Tango and Blues (which I must learn this week) to put on my iPod so I can practice trying desperately to keep up!
And since I have so much energy, ever since following a really healthy diet since about November, I am now off on a 3.7 mile walk!!


No comments:
Post a Comment