An exception to the rule?
Was debating all day whether to go and skate at evening patch, but dragged myself out in the rain and in the end (as I am 95% of the time when I am reluctant) I was very glad that I went.
My legs and shoulders are still a little sore from various stretching / toning routines I have been doing over the last six days at home (having become somewhat addicted to doing them!), so I didn't push myself too hard, and have also sworn off the stretching for one evening so I am not wincing in my lesson tomorrow.
I did forward edges, crossrolls, spent some time doing forward crossovers (again, feels like I am pointing my foot in the right direction, but D always tells me otherwise when it comes to my lesson!) and Russian stroking.
Moahwks were temperamental - the first half I did actually steadily improved, and then the second half declined drastically as I presume I had reached the "cut-off point". LFI mohawks are still a bit crap, but still improved from last week.
I also tried a bit of the Canasta Tango to music whilst it was on - jeez it's fast! Only did the first side and just about managed to keep up, but it felt like I was going to fall over my feet at any moment! D was mentioning about bringing in one version of each of my dances so far, so I can put them on my iPod. I might be able to get better used to the speed then!
That was about it. I did get a bit annoyed though. There is a "celebrity" who brings her daughters to have lessons on patch. When her daughter was having her lesson this evening, the "celebrity" was just skating around, like your average public session skater.
My problem is, isn't that dangerous? And, when skaters have to have patch forms signed by coaches, no going on patch unless you are having coaching at the rink, etc. etc., how come she is the exception to the rule? She certainly wouldn't be able to get out of the way quickly enough of your average patch skater if needed, which means, everyone has to look out for her instead?
Hmmmmm . . . .


4 comments:
Hi !
Long time since I read you,but I see we are still learning the same things,my mohawkes are pretty good now and my waltzjump is getting a lot better.Did you try double 3turns yet?My inside left 3turns are awfull,I see we have that in common LOL!
I'm also working on better backward crossovers,I'm getting there,but I'm still affraid when I'm making speed.
Hey Skating Mom!
My LFI3's aren't too bad, as long as I have warmed up by doing all other variations first :)
I haven't done double 3's yet - I like waltz 3's that I learnt a couple of weeks ago though!
It's interesting about the BXO's - like you, I get worried about getting faster, but then when I do, I invariably feel much more stable.
I think it's because of our age that we are less confident when we are going faster ;-)
Nah - at 31, I am not ready to put things down to my age yet!!
Post a Comment