Saturday, January 19, 2008

Gulp . . .

I had an email from my coach the other day.

It included new copies of the patterns that I had elegantly managed to dump a cup of Earl Grey over. The Canasta Tango and Dutch Waltz are for reference, and dutifully I have been learning the Rhythm Blues on the bus, on the way to work in the morning. Got it down in my head now, but still to see how it will translate to ice, especially with those disgusting cross-behinds. It looks like I'll have to watch out for the timing as well.

Then, on the same email:
"Added Swing Dance just so you can see what we will be going onto SOON!"

Eh-squeeze me? It goes backward!!!

It's a good job I was already sitting down on the bus . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

swing dance is so much fun - it's the first dance that really feels *dancey* - precisely because it goes backwards, plus it's in waltz hold. so much fun -you'll love it, i promise!
3turn

Amanda said...

And doing it solo?!

:)