Cycling shorts of pain
I have been sticking to my resolution to do intensive stretching every night, in particular to improve my spiral position, and boy, can I feel it. I have started referring to it as being "like wearing cycling shorts of pain . . . .". A bit of an exaggeration, but the aches are there! However, I am already seeing improvements in my position, especially in keeping my back as upright as possible, so that's good!
Not that I got to practice any spirals today, as the Littlest Rink was absolutely packed. I got a bit of edge work in, some crossovers (trying to relax into these more now, to try and help my foot point in the right direction) and lots of mohawks and 3-turns.
Every time I practice now, I go through a routine of doing at least three good 3-turns, both edges, both sides, just to keep them in shape. My LFI3's are still the weakest, but they are all happening, and my outside 3-turns feel quite strong.
After my coach helping me with mohawks on my lesson on Wednesday, I am pleased to say they are still in attendence and both ways (ie. the one where you lift your foot, and the one where you extend the leg behind you). My coach pointing out that I needed to be more confident in trusting the weight transfer has been a bit of a breakthrough - still a little tentative, but quite an improvement.
And that was about it, as it was soooooo busy. Off to cook my (healthy) tea, and settle down to watch Dancing On Ice - yay!


2 comments:
And play "Spot your coach" at the end of the intervals?
Absolutely! Glued to the screen, I was!! Shame you can't really see their faces though.
:)
Post a Comment