Sunday, September 10, 2006

Practice Makes Perfect

Another public session today and I did much the same stuff that I did yesterday.

I made myself skate for longer today - yesterday my feet were aching and I stopped, today I had a rest and got back on the ice to skate through it. It seems to work - I wonder how long it will be before there is no sore feet at all!!

Ice was a bit smoother than yesterday, but still pretty bad round the edges. It looks like all the excess snow has been shoved to the side in small piles, and then left to freeze solid. Looking at the ice, it only seems to be resurfaced to within a foot of the barrier. Not good for me at the moment, who still needs to go to the barrier for reassurance sometimes! I did lose my balance a couple of times, but luckily didn't fall.

Mostly concentrated on forward stroking again today - had an epiphanous (is that a word?) moment, when I found that looking forward instead of at a 45 degree angle downwards helped immensely! Still very wary of stopping though - I will have to practice that tomorrow at the "quiet" session.

Decided today that it wasn't the hockey kids that worried me, it's the ones that stagger all over the ice showing off to their mates, not caring who is in front or behind of them. Sigh . . . . .

No comments: