Children, Children, Everywhere!
Skating this morning with S up at the big rink.
It's chaos there on public sessions - at the smaller rink, although the ice is not so good and it is much smaller, you run much less risk of knocking small children over. Saying that, the ice wasn't so good today anyway - it was very wet and slopey up at one end. It doesn't help that the rink has subsidence underneath it! Hopefully they will have it sorted out the surface by Wednesday's lesson.
Today was mostly to go over things that we covered in Wednesday's lesson with S as she missed it due to heading off to Scarborough by accident. Long story. It was very difficult to find enough space to practice though, so it was a bit tricky. Went over the two foot jumps, sculling and edges.
My forward sculling is not too bad now . . . . . . if I have a long run into it, rather than starting from standing. Once I get going it is okay! I also did quite a good one foot glide on a curve - and almost went crashing into S. Well, I don't know how much edge I need at this stage! Luckily no accident. Apart from that, just a bit of forward stroking which is slowly getting there.
My arch supports arrived this morning and they look quite good. You have a basic thin 3/4 gel insole, and then a little pocket for inserts. I started today with the lightest support.
When I put them in, my arches really felt very very peculiar. But I persevered and skated around on them a bit. After about 15 minutes though, my feet were on fire and had to take them out. It does say on the box about building up wearing them slowly to get used to them so maybe skating on them straight away is not the best thing to do! I may have to experiment with the lacing as well, as I guess they would have to be looser over the top of my feet. Never mind - either they will help or they won't. Actually, when I took them out and started skating again, my feet felt fantastic - strange.
Won't go skating now till Monday on the quiet session so will wear my supports round the house a bit in some trainers and maybe my skates.


No comments:
Post a Comment