Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tired lesson

Last night I fell asleep to my radio. Which then stayed on all night, until it woke me at five a.m., upon which I thought it was my radio alarm waking me up and got very confused in that semi-conscious way because it wouldn't "snooze". Which, coupled with a far too late night last night, led me to being somewhat tired today. It was nice to not have to think about Passport though!

Forward Stroking & FXO's: Apparently a breakthrough in the direction of my foot on the FXO's :)
Forward and Backward XO's in Fig 8: Probably about halfway there, speedwise, for the 3-turn change of direction - I will keep the practice up on this. FXO's got a "nice", and BXO's continue on their pathway to speediness. D wants me to get hold of a stopwatch, so I can time my FXO's and BXO's and make sure I complete the circles in the same time.
Forward and Backward Crossrolls: Need to bend my knees more on the forward. Backward ones really are improving. Okay, they are still not good, but I am doing them solo, and it takes more than three now for me to grind to a halt! It amuses me that I should eventually be able to do about eight along a long axis - currently its about 26 :)
3-turn exercises from Level 2 FM's: These make up on element of the Field Moves. The first part is FO3's, push back to landing position and step forward (Waltz 3's I have been told on here?). They are not too bad - I need to make each edge more defined. The other half is FI3's with the leg extended behind, step forward - swing. I have never done FI3's with an extended leg before and that is taking some getting used to, but I had some progress with this after my lesson.
FI Twizzles: Single alternating twizzles looking good apparently. Now D wants me to try doubles . . . .
Drags: I have lost some of my depth on these - something to work on.
Novice Foxtrot: And to my own music, for the first time! I thought it was awful but D was quite pleased. I didn't realise it was so flipping fast! I need to work on increased knee bending.
Canasta Tango: Music happened to be playing and I can now keep up with all of it!! Bar the last crossy-swing roll into the forward progressive around the corner at the end.

So considering I am so knackered today, the lesson was good. Most of my timing problems on the dances are because I am still doing FXO's, so today I started playing with forward progressives after reading about the technique. And they make things so much easier and quicker! I have also asked that we cover these in next weeks lesson, so I can make sure I am doing them correctly.

I also got to try my first (within barrier grasp) Ina Bauer's today :) These are fun! And something that will be in my first program apparently. Lucky I have freakily turned out hips really!

Off to bed now - I have to be up horribly early tomorrow to go to Manchester. Hopefully I will not be confused at five a.m. again!

2 comments:

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

You do realise, don't you, that the forward and backward cross-rolls are also level 2!

Amanda said...

I do realise :)

Give it a couple of months, and she'll probably have me doing Level 5 stuff, lol.