A schedule to work to . . .
Nearly a struggle making it to the rink on time this evening - some minor crisis came up at work and was worried that I would be late, but it was okay in the end.
After the revelation of the Mountain Cup yesterday (thanks Mrs R!), we had a chat about a schedule of events. I have to have my Passport signed off before I can do my Level 1 Field Moves - I passed another two Silver elements today, leaving one Silver (almost passable) and the Gold to do. Then it will be the Level 1 Field Moves after the summer holiday (around August). British Adult Championships are next February and I guess that the Mountain Cup (which is in France for my non-skating readers!) will be summer next year. Potentially, I could do my Level 1 Field Moves in about June (before the summer break), but as long as I have it by my first competition, it doesn't matter if it is later . . . and it gives me plenty of time to really work on those BXO's!
Anyway, back to my lesson:
LEVEL 1 FIELD MOVES:
Forward Edges: She was very pleased with these today! And they felt really, really good as well. Most definitely passable.
BXO's to Landing Position: Positioning good, needs more power. In fact, that is really the crux of what she has highlighted as issues on my field moves - my positioning and posture is good, I just need more speed and power.
FXO's & BXO's Fig 8: Same again - need more power and speed on the BXO's. But I am happy - it was only two weeks ago after all that the mental block was knocked down on the BXO's. They can only get better and faster now!
Spirals: D apparently never worries about me doing spirals and pitching forward, like she might with other skaters my level, as apparently my core is quite strong (and yoga is making it even better!). But I do need to get the leg higher on both sides. Confidence will help.
SILVER PASSPORT:
Backward Chasses in a Serpentine Sequence: Passed! Getting a little more used to holding a longer BO edge with the leg extended forward, without feeling like my legs are going to fly out in front of me!
Backward Progressives: Not passed yet, but feeling much better. I need to keep my weight more out of the circle, as it was rather a baby circle the first time round, but much better the second time. Should have this done by next week, and then all the Silver will be completed.
7 step Step Sequence: Comprising of: RFI open mohawk, RBO run, RBO cross in front to LBI, step to forward RFI. I had worked it out correctly this week in practice, and passed it! Even though she made me do it both sides :)
OTHER BITS:
FI Twizzles: I am soooo chuffed! What I was doing are twizzles, and I can do them both sides! I now have to practice them, consecutively and alternating sides. After the hilariousness of them last week, when she first showed them to me, I am really pleased that I have got some kind of grip on them within a week. Considering how long 3-turns took . . . :)
Forward Cross-rolls: Issues with grinding to a halt have long gone, and I love doing these. One thing to work on is bringing the leg forward and stepping on it in one quick, smooth movement instead of holding it bent.
Rhythm Blues: Not bad, considering I have hardly done it. I need to bend my skating leg more before starting the cross-behinds, but D gave me a finger to lean on for them, and they didn't feel so bad. I think I may be very close to conquering those!
Dutch Waltz: Pattern nice and big, flow and speed improved and I love this dance! However, that pesky problem of my foot pointing in strange directions on the FXO's is poking its head over the parapet again, grrrrr. However, I find it much, much easier to correct it now when I remember to think about it.
Another fab lesson, and I am off work for the rest of the week, so hopefully good skating tomorrow and Friday as well! However, I really must have my blades sharpened tomorrow, so won't be able to stop for about a week!
Oh, and the gingerbread went down a treat :) I even had enough calories left over in my daily allowance to have a slice, and it was yummy. I might put more ginger into it next time though. And I have had so many people today exclaiming about the amount of weight I have lost (24 pounds and counting, since November), it is getting just a tad embarrassing . . .


1 comment:
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment