Back from the Easter break
I avoided the ice rink over the Easter period, as it would have been hectically busy (and I was enjoying my lie-in's far too much to get up for morning patch!), so it was nice to get back up there this evening. However, my feet didn't feel completely "under me", but not a bad practice.
Practiced quite a few things - backward crossrolls getting a little better, but still very, very slow and small. My coach was there practicing, and gave me a few handy hints, including of course, "bend your knees more!". I am pleased that these are now happening - it was only a couple of weeks ago that I thought they were completely impossible :)
Practiced a few turns at speed. I think FO3's are my turn of choice at the moment - I can do these relatively fast now, although I can't quite maintain the BI edge and have to put my foot down pretty quickly, but a definite improvement. Mohawks are getting a little better, but my body still has an inbuilt speed limit with these! I also spent some time on backward crossovers, trying to get them faster and smoother. I am finding that my reach into the circle with my inside leg is naturally getting bigger as I get more confident - yay!
Other than that, it was the usual - lots of edges and Russian stroking, a few run throughs of the Canasta Tango and Dutch Waltz, and a little chatting to my coach. The poor girl had no electricity last week, and this week she has no heating! Imagine being so cold at home, that you go to an ice rink to warm up!!


5 comments:
I love cross rolls...we have only been doing forwards and I haven't tried the backwards yet. Btw i noticed that you have only been talking about ice dancing...have you really decided to concentrate on dance rather than freestyle?
Concentrating on dance but with freestyle bits thrown in, ie. currently learning (or trying!) to spin, and small jumps.
Dance suits me with my ballet training - I love the whole lyricism of it. Although I don't always pull it off yet!
More so focussed on dance recently as well, as I was doing the "Dance" route for the SkateUK Passport. Now that is over, the next thing is my Level 1 Field Moves . . .
If you want to have a good laugh check me out on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/skatingmom1
first my son is up,than me as "second hand rose"
it was my first time solo on the ice for an audiance.....but I really had fun eventhough some things didn't work out.
That was great skating mom - thanks for sharing it! And if some things didn't work out, it didn't show :)
thanks
it's odd how things go great during a training session and how different it is when it's for real :-)
Post a Comment