Qui, moi?
Had a good practice this evening with lots of runthroughs of Canasta Tango, Dutch Waltz and a few Rhythm Blues (okay, bottling the cross-behinds!).
My coach was there practicing with her dance partner, which is unusual - I never normally see her during the rest of the week. She introduced me to her partner, and announced to him that I am doing the Mountain Cup next year! First I heard about it, but hey - I'll give it a go!
Dance runthroughs went quite well - patterns getting bigger, and the cross swing on the Tango is speeding up slightly. The Dutch Waltz was feeling nice as well, now I have a slight confusion over the end of the pattern sorted out in my head.
Apart from that, I ran through my edges, did lots of cross-rolls, one foot slaloming, stroking and some tentative serpentine backward chasses.
I also spent some time on twizzles - and quite a few worked! I have no idea if they are being done correctly, but (on one side at least) they are feeling relatively controlled. It feels like I am doing the beginning bit of a FI3 and just continuing right round. Does that sound like I am on the right track? I am happy anyway - I thought these would take me decades to learn, and actually - not so bad!
Got home quite late, and there is now a gingerbread loaf baking in my breadmaker for my coach. Of course, I won't be having any as it really doesn't feature in my current eating plan, but I hope she likes it!


2 comments:
She will. She told me, incidentally, that your Level 1 Moves are well testable now, just as soon as you get your passport (which is much harder), and that she was pleased with you. And I told her to tell you that you were doing the Mountain Cup next year! You're probably ready this year.....
Aw, that's lovely to hear about my Level 1 FM's!! Although I am glad that I have a few more months (I hope!) to carry on practicing them, as confident(ish) BXO's are such a recent thing!
So I can blame you then for the Mountain Cup! Actually, looking forward to it . . . it's going to be an expensive year next year :)
Post a Comment