Two good practices
Two practice sessions this week - one at Lee Valley on Sunday afternoon (where I had the ice to myself for the first few minutes which was lovely), and one at Ally Pally this evening.
Pretty much the same things practiced - most of my Level 1 Field Moves, for starters. BXO's still on the road to more speed which is good, even though I had to do them dodging small children at Lee Valley.
I spent a lot of time getting my head around doing FI3's with my free leg extended behind me, as the weight is in such a different place to what I have been used to. They are happening slowly now but if I do them too quickly, it still tends to throw me off slightly. Still, a definite improvement.
Backward crossrolls are also getting better - still very slow as well, but I am not grinding to a halt after 3 now, and can keep a little momentum up. I am really focussing on the cross going onto a good outside edge, which helps a lot.
On Patch this evening, I did a few runthroughs of the Dutch Waltz which is feeling good, and also the Canasta Tango to music. Now I am thinking of it more in terms of progressives rather than FXO's, it makes a huge difference to the speed I can do it. The only bit I struggle with now is getting into a forward progressive after the cross swingroll. Getting there though . . .
A good couple of practices, even though both public and patch were really busy this week. Looking forward to my lesson tomorrow evening!


No comments:
Post a Comment