Passport completed!
Yep, that dratted Passport is now all done and dusted!! Although my coach (and she agrees with me) was particularly hard on me today, and made me do twice as much as what is required, to finish the Gold bits off!!
Anyway, lesson:
LEVEL 1 FIELD MOVES:
Forward & Backward Crossovers in Fig 8: Although my coach was going "Are you going to speed up your BXO's before I fall asleep?!", they ARE getting faster and smoother. I am almost enjoying them now, and feeling the long awaited "Backwards feel more stable than forwards!" that lots of people have mentioned. Still in issue with the mohawk or 3-turn transition - anyone got any tips for getting more comfortable turning at speed? D has told me to skate forward into any backward thing I practice, so I have to do a turn of some sort.
Forward Spirals: Now, I asked to do these as I wanted to see if my legs are above my hips now. And they are!! Well, hip level at least. And then I took a splat over my toepick. Apparently I saved it very well, as I twisted slightly onto my hip, and avoided doing a faceplant! Anyway, didn't hurt at all!
D got bored with Level 1 at this point, and we started doing some Level 2 . . . gulp.
LEVEL 2 FIELD MOVES:
Forward and backward swingrolls: Forward felt quite nice. Backwards still holding on, but starting to feel the potential, as I am more comfortable taking my weight back over the crossing under foot. When practicing afterwards, I started getting the motion of the undercross, but I CANNOT get any speed up at all and grind to a halt after three. I hope this is something that develops with time, but I am happy that I am getting the crossing under.
DANCE PASSPORT - GOLD
This is where the mean side of my coach came out today :)
Backward Chasse's in a Serpentine: Passed. My backward outside edges feel like they are getting better all the time as well, which I am pleased about.
Step sequence - LFO run, LFO closed chasse, LFO run, LFO open mohawk, LBI: I was still having problems with the mohawk at the end. D helped me a lot with these today, on where my weight is before and after the transfer. Losing a ton of weight apparently also highlights where I am hunching over them somewhat!! Anyway, I did actually manage it. She then decided that I should do it on both sides. Luckily, I managed it to her satisfaction and passed :)
Novice Foxtrot to music and 60% in time: D decided that she was bored with the Novice Foxtrot, and decided that I should do the Canasta Tango to music and 60% in time instead!! Hold on, isn't that Level 2?!! Anyhoo, I was actually quite pleased - fell slightly behind on the crossroll swing, but I am finding that my opening progressive is getting faster, so I am not losing it straight away! Passed :)
Yay - Passport done and dusted!
Dutch Waltz: Worked a bit on the lilting run - think I am getting the rhythm right. It helped when we added "breathing" arms to it. This is my current favourite dance and I think it shows - D says it is my strongest one. And I love it now I have nice arms throughout it as well - I actually feel floaty and graceful!
So, another very satisfying lesson. Now I just have to stress about my first NISA test!


4 comments:
Wha-hey! Many congratulations, that is HUGE, especially as it was dance passport. Just you wait - she'll be waving your test papers at your for your level 1 Moves next week (I know she thinks you're ready - she told me so!).
And if she was falling asleep yesterday it's because she was at the rink all morning having her lesson as she had no electricity at home and didn't want to be there! AND she was struggling with her camel/back camel; don't see what was so badly wrong with it myself, but videoed her on my phone to see if it would help her identify what was wrong.
Aw, thanks Mrs Redboots!!
She did say that I could possibly be ready for the ones in May, but there is no rush, and I would rather get this mohawk trouble sorted out for that change of direction in my crossover figure 8's!!
She told me about her electricity problems, but she wasn't sleepy at all - in fact, surprisingly awake and making me do double what is normally required!!
Yay on finishing passport!!
3turn
Thanks 3turn!!!
Post a Comment