Days off work
I am a little late updating, but I had yesterday and today off work, and skated a total of 3 and a half hours over the two days. I did the same things really, so no need to post about it twice!
Lots of forward edges, spirals, crossrolls, FXO's, BXO's, BXO's into landing position, forward and backward Russian Stroking, barrel rolls, twizzles - you name it, I did it!
Yesterday I stayed partly for the afternoon session as well, and after lunch had the entire rink to myself for about 10 minutes which was heavenly. I did runthroughs of all my dances, and oh what a difference it makes to have no-one else on the ice! Lovely big, fast (for me) patterns and I did about four continuous sequences of each one.
I had my blades sharpened yesterday after skating, and this morning tried them out. I think for the first time, I really enjoyed skating on newly sharpened blades - he must have done a good job! They felt smooth, secure, and stopping on them wasn't as painful as it has been after sharpenings before. I unfortunately did have a headache this morning, but a dose of Anadin Extra and an hour and a half on the ice knocked it on the head, so to speak :)
Today I only skated this morning, and then went down to Hatton Garden with Stacey this afternoon who was looking for her wedding ring. So much bling down there - it's great!
My bridesmaid dress is now also hanging up in my bedroom, and it is beeyootiful :)


No comments:
Post a Comment