Short but sweet
The quiet session at the Littlest Rink was packed today, so I only skated for about 30 minutes.
As usual when down there, I spent a lot of time doing 3-turns and mohawks. The FI3's definitely have more speed behind them now, and the LFI3's are finally feeling a little less scratchy and catching up with the RFI3's. I am sooooo pleased how these have been coming on over the last few weeks - it took a lot of practice to get there! Mohawks are also getting faster when it comes to the transfer and it feels like I am more firmly over that BI edge.
I also spent some time on the "physics" of advanced BXO's after 3turns helpful comment last week. Last week, I was quite caught up with the foot crossing in front - today, I almost forgot about that and looked at what happens when I push the crossunder foot over onto the outside edge and "shove" it under. Bingo! I only did these at the barrier however, just to get an idea, and I hope we do these in my lesson on Wednesday.
The rest of the time was doing some backward pushes into a landing position on an outside edge. These are making my bum ache at the moment, but I like doing it!


No comments:
Post a Comment