A gentle skate
A trip down to the LIttlest Rink today, for the quiet session.
It was quite a busy session, so I just found a quiet little spot (well, quiet as it can be with all the beginners staggering past) and practiced my 3-turns and mohawks.
3-turns were a little temperamental, but glad to say that they were a little better than they were on Friday. I am going into them with a little more speed now, particularly on the RFI3's which is good. However, I am finding that I am almost turning too much as I do it - almost as if I kept on that part of the blade, I would just keep on spinning! That must be a good thing for future spinning though that I am finding the right bit of the blade!
Mohawks were come and go - again, I seem to be going into these with a little more speed now, and I am also still concentrating on doing the weight transfer more quickly. Not bad - not brilliant, but not bad.
That was about it - I did some gentle stroking around, but everything was quite laid back today. For some reason, my skating is annoying me at the moment as I don't feel like I am progressing as fast as I would like to. I know that I am doing okay, but having a bit of a negativity crisis at the moment! I think it's the perfectionist in me coming out, and I have to remind myself that it is not like when I was training in classical ballet every day with a future career in mind, this is just a hobby at the end of the day and I need to lighten up a little bit!


9 comments:
Hi Amanda
Have just seen your blog about buying skates. I have my receipt here from Les Westaway when I bought mine a few weeks ago. I think mine are GAM 095s with the blades they were £256. He did bring out a slightly cheaper boot which I think was about £160 plus blades but when I tried them on there was just no comparison and you really couldn't justify not paying the extra £40 for the comfort factor.
I bet he will also try and sell you some insoles for your boots which are £20 on top. However, they do seem to have improved my skating quite a bit so they were worth having in my case.
Good Luck.
Gill
Thanks for the info Gill - that's really helpful. Out of curiosity, what blades did you get?
And interesting about the insoles - I did try some gel ones when I started due to sore feet, and they made things worse. It would be quite interesting to try different ones though!
They are John Wilson - Majestic. Not that that means anything to me at all!
These insoles are superfeet. Les told me I have pronation so my feet fall onto inside edges a lot. Now after talking to some of the coaches at the rink it seems he says that to a lot of people. In my case though it actually does seem to have helped a bit so I am happy to keep them in.
I LOVE my Superfeets. I have them in my skates and they have definitely made a difference in outside edges (not magic or anything, but it helped). They make a grey insole specifically for skating/skiing. I have their other insoles too and wear them in my other shoes. I pronate and have flatish feet and I think they are well worth the money.
3turn
{
Hello I want to congratulate to them by its site of the Web of the excellent looks like entertained and very good very to me it elaborated.
I believe one and all must look at it.
Well, it truly entertaining but make sure you careful.
xanax depression order xanax pills - xanax kidney pain
Post a Comment