A leisurely practice
I didn't exhaust myself today, but I did practice a fair few things.
FXO's: D wanted me to get from doing a pathetic four, up to about eight on the small hockey circles. Well, I can now do it in six, seven at a push - can't get the eighth one in though! Still a fair improvement though - those circles aren't that big!
BXO's: Still not brave enough to do these in the middle of the rink - daft, when I know I can do them, but it feels so empty and alone in the middle! Did some near the side and felt good - tomorrow I am going to move them further towards the centre.
Russian Stroking: Getting easier and smoother now - the FXO's are happening fairly smoothly and the arms are feeling natural.
Continuous Forward Edges: Not feeling bad, and remembering mostly to point my foot and turn my leg out on the forward extension.
3-turns: FO3's wre pretty good so left them mostly alone and focussed on FI3's. Still improving day by day, and on both sides which makes me happy! Gradually getting a little more speed into it and am remembering to keep the free hip down and tuck the free foot behind. One thing I find really helps me get my weight in the right place, is to push the ball of my foot into the ice, which I only found out today.
Mohawks: A bit meh but happening. Still working on increasing the weight transfer speed.
Novice Foxtrot: Really really enjoyed doing this today! Didn't bale out on the scary second corner (after the short axis) today and just loved doing it. Was also trying to remember to not leave my bum sticking out after the swingroll!
So that was about it - quite a good practice, but taken at a leisurely pace. One thing coming up is BXO's into landing position. I prepared myself a little today by just doing some vanilla backward skating, and then doing a semi-landing position, on a straight line, just to feel where my weight should be. It didn't feel too bad, much to my relief. I don't know how different it will be on an outside edge, but feeling a little more encouraged about it now.
Looking forward to my next stint tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment