Monday, October 15, 2007

Bees in a hive

I went down to the Littlest Rink for a practice this evening, on the quiet session but it was sooooo busy this evening! Like bees in a hive, buzzing round and round :)

It was a bit of an effort getting down there this evening as well - although I am always glad when I do. However, the busy-ness of it all rather limited what I could do, so I just quietly practiced my 3-turns and mohawks for about 40 minutes, before calling it a day. They weren't too bad - my FI3's are gladly hanging on in there and getting slightly faster and I worked on getting the weight transfer a little quicker on the mohawks.

No lesson this week as my coach is away, but lots of practicing time as I am off work after tomorrow, for the rest of the week. Amongst the other things I have to practice (can't wait to do the foxtrot!), I have been asked to focus on BXO's as well, as she wants me to learn a mohawk exercise that uses the whole rink. Sounds a little daunting, but apparently it will be good for my free dance!

2 comments:

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

What's she up to? She was in this morning and didn't say anything about going away, although we didn't chat for very long as we were both working quite hard (for a change!). She was basically rejoicing in a friend's success in a Scottish competition....

Amanda said...

She's driving up to Dumfries to lecture at some synchro skate camp. I think she's going up today with an 8 hour drive!