Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Catching up

My normal routine is to get home from the rink, snuggle up on the sofa to defrost, and sit there with my laptop on WiFi to type in everything whilst it's fresh.

Currently I have no broadband . . . sob . . . and I am completely lost! So instead, I am having to write this hurriedly at work, on my lunchbreak. Hopefully my Virgin Media will be up and running again within a few days.

It's been a strange weekend. Stacey and fiance moved out on Saturday, we interviewed people over the weekend for the room, and by Sunday evening, someone else had moved in! A lot of upheaval in a very short space of time, which left my head in a whirl somewhat.

I was completely exhausted yesterday, but I decided to go skating at the Littlest RInk in the evening, just to clear my head. It was nice after a chaotic few days, just to get back into a little bit of a routine and do something "normal".

Considering I was knackered, it was actually quite a good practice. I didn't do many things - I mainly just found a quiet corner and practiced 3-turns and mohawks. Mohawks are now coming back with a vengeance, and the weight transfer is beginning to happen a little speedier which is good. FO3's happened straight away and I left them as they were. And FI3's are improving even more which I am happy about. Still slow, but happening - and on both sides! Otherwise, just some vanilla stroking, few edges and pootling about which is about all I had energy for.

I am now returned to my desk after Stacey has taken me out for lunch to Pizza Express, as it is my birthday today. I am completely stuffed with Siciliana Pizza and garlic bread, and wanting to do nothing but sleep. Roll on 4.30 . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happpy birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Kathleen

Amanda said...

Thank you very much Kathleen
:)

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

Meant to wish you happy birthday yesterday and didn't! Hope you had a lovely day, anyway.

Clare O said...

Hope you had a lovely birthday- sorry for the belated wishes!

Gordon said...

Happy belated birthday!

Amanda said...

Aw - thank you everybody!