Mohawks getting there
The title pretty much says it all really!
I went down to the "Quiet Session" at the Littlest Rink - it wasn't too quiet, but it wasn't awful either.
I spent quite a lot of time doing mohawks (as you might have guessed!) and am pleased to say that the left mohawks are catching up to the right ones. I am now trying to gradually speed up the weight transfer, so I don't have a slightly skiddy transition between front to back. A definite improvement though which I am delighted about! I am sure it will all go to pot once I am in front of my coach on Wednesday though :) I am struggling a little bit with not falling off the BI edge once I have turned, but it is getting gradually better.
I spent a fair time doing FO3's as well - my LFO3's are going well, but for some reason my RFO3's were not so good today - for some reason, it almost felt like I had forgotten how to do them. Luckily it came back to me after a while, but it was most strange!
I have started re-introducing FI3's again. The turn is happening but it is feeling rather like I am forcing the turn, rather than it happening naturally. Now my FO3's and mohawks are improved (which was my aim) I am now going to start spending a lot more time on these.
PS. So I can keep reading journals of skaters who have locked their LiveJournal blogs, I have set up an account. So if you have an LJ blog and you see comments from Amanda76 popping up, that's me!


No comments:
Post a Comment