Monday, September 17, 2007

Cottonwool

I went to the quiet session down at the Littlest Rink this evening, but shouldn't have bothered. It was really busy, the music was too loud, but worst of all was that my head was all over the shop. Seriously, it was like I was skating in a daze, unable to concentrate on anything whatsoever. Quite horrendous actually. I put it down to going to bed too late, and getting up to early - I must learn that five and half hours sleep doesn't work for me! I really must have a nice early night tonight - I cannot stand the thought of being like that in my lesson tomorrow.

Not surprisingly, there isn't much to report. I did a few desultory FI3's - some were okayish, once I remembered to keep my weight further forward on the blade. Not going anywhere after the turn, but at least the turn happens occasionally. I did some mohawks - no change really, still managing to come out more over the edge which I am pleased about.

But a waste of time really - not enough space, no room to get any speed up and a head full of cottonwool. Roll on tomorrow!

No comments: