Nothing special
Went down to the Quiet Session at the LIttlest Rink this evening. It was okay - not too busy, not too many prats and the music was okay. They have even put a projector screen up near the ceiling which was playing MTV! I did wonder if that would make more people fall over as they get entranced by the TV :)
Focussed on just a few things this evening. DId some FXO's, trying to pigeon-toe the crossing over foot. It did actually make things feel a little smoother, but I didn't get a chance to try it on my weaker, CW side.
I spent a lot of time on FI3's - trying to keep my weight forward, turning within my arms a little more strongly, not letting my free hip drop, not starting on too steep an inside edge, keeping my head and arms in place after the turn - so much to remember! Still crap, but I think there might have been a microscopic improvement. My LFI3's are still horrendous though, and dreadfully scrapy when the turn does (on occasion) happen.
DId a bit on Mohawks - these strangely weren't feeling too hot this evening. However, I am wondering if this down to increased speed, always having done them quite slowly before, and now finding myself naturally going into them a little faster. Hopefully this is just a period of readjustment to increased horsepower!
I tried to do a few cross-rolls, as I have to work on really sinking down in my knees as I crossover. However, there wasn't really the room. I did some slow ones and could feel what I need to do, but I need more space!
I think I might head off to evening patch tomorrow - I don't normally go Tuesday's unless I haev a lesson, but having been "out of the zone" for a couple of weeks, I am feeling a bit better now on my blades!


No comments:
Post a Comment