A gentle skate
First of all, an update on my accident on the bus on Monday.
Yesterday I woke up and hurt everywhere including my ribs, shoulder blades and neck. That is generally better today - my muscles are not so achey. However, I have a sore right arm (feels like a trapped nerve around my elbow), a tender patch on my left shoulder that hurts when I touch it and a swollen bruise on my left forearm where it bashed the pole. The good news is that the bus company in question is investigating the incident and have apparently passed my details onto their insurance company.
So today was a gentle skate. Not only for my poor bashed bits, but also because I was reading Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows last night, and couldn't put it down until I had finished it . . . at 1.00am. Didn't leave me much time for sleep!
Stacey is gradually getting more comfortable in her new skates - only 2 or 3 breaks today. She has been working on her backward skating, which is getting to the "Oooh, too fast!" stage now, and on her forward edges. She's getting the hang of balancing on a one footed inside edge now - a very respectable four seconds!
As for myself, as I said, I didn't push myself too hard today. I did a few RFI3's successfully and a few LFI3's unsuccessfully. My forward crossovers are feeling great now - really loving them. I did a few backward crossovers with Stace as my "crutch", but being rather tired and beaten up, I didn't feel quite "Mojo'd" enough to do these on my own! But at least I did some.
I also did some FO3's as I haven't done these for ages. At first I was horrified as I seemed unable to do them and I was thinking "Noooooooo! Please don't say they have disapparated!!". And then they came back - and rather respectably I thought as well! Even with a nice prolonged backward glide out of them, which is feeling remarkably comfortable now.
But that was more or less it for today - there was a brief 10 minutes at the end after Stace had got off the ice, when I was on my own on the rink, so did some speedy forward stroking (power stroking?), continuous edges and cross-rolls.
I won't be skating again now though until at least Sunday, so it will give me some time to get over my bashes and my Harry Potter's.
The Deathly Hallows was worth it though . . .


2 comments:
ooo, poor you. i had soemthing similar happen on a bus, so i really sympathise. hope you're feeling better soon!
3turn
Thank you 3turn - I am feeling a bit better now, with just a few sore spots left!
Post a Comment