Auntie Skater
Well, opposed to yesterdays awful public session, tonight was a positive breeze. All the kids were very well behaved, nobody was eating their dinner on the ice and only one adult was behaving irresponsibly!
I seemed to take on the role of Auntie Skater this evening as lots of kids were asking me about skating, how long I had been doing it, how long can I balance on one leg (a whole circle!), did I have lessons, was I a student (positive shock when I told them I was 30!) and could I teach them something. So I had a couple of them doing the first step of learning to skate backwards, ie. backward swizzles.
I did a lot of 3-turn practice again this evening. They are coming on, but slowly. I am remembering to do at least a few FO3's so I keep my hand in, so to speak, on them. The FI3's are gradually getting there, especially as I now remember to check my head and arm position after the turn. I nearly fell over on one of them as my weight was seriously far back on the blade, and it scraped horribly as I turned, so I am almost overcompensating now and really trying to exaggerate the "bounce" as I do the turn. But I think it helps!
Nothing else really to report that is exciting - practiced the usual things of forward stroking, forward crossovers, consecutive edges and a few cross-rolls. I also carried on doing a few open Mohawks at the barrier - I tried a couple of these away from the barrier, but definitely not happening yet. I am not really sure what to do with my upper body though at the moment.
Then after skating, I had to hare off to a pub in Finsbury Park to meet Stacey and her fiance for a celebratory glass of champagne. Stacey found out today that she has passed her final ACCA Chartered Accountancy exams which is fantastic news! I only had one glass of champagne, but not having drunk very much over the last six months and also coming straight from skating, I am feeling a little light-headed now! At least on one glass, I won't be hungover for my lesson tomorrow evening :)


No comments:
Post a Comment