An okay practice
Went to practice down at the Littlest Rink this evening - wasn't a particularly exciting session, but a few improvements!
Did usual forward stuff - stroking, alternate edges, one foot glides straight / on a curve, etc.
Lots of time spent on 3-turns - they went okay. One thing that I realised was causing me difficulties on my LFI3's (my weaker side) was that I was prerotating, doing the turn and as I turned, whipping my top half back to whence it came. No wonder it was pulling me off balance! So I spent some time doing the prerotation, turning and keeping my top half and head where they are. Much better! I need to start practicing all my 3-turns away from barrier though, as I rely on it if I fall off balance. Methinks if I am away from it, I will very quickly find where my weight is meant to be!
The rink was rather busy this evening, so I only practiced forward crossovers in one direction. However, I feel like these are progressing quite well. I was concentrating on my pigeon-toeing of my underneath leg, and as I was doing that, I suddenly "felt" the underpush. Weird to describe it like that, but it was almost like the ice grabbed the edge and pulled my leg underneath. But in a good way!
I also tried some gentle bunnyhops again today, but they were an unmitigated disaster. Managed a couple (holding on), but it seems I am getting a little too enthusiastic trying to swing that leg through and a couple of times, I didn't get up on the toepick early enough, resulting in my underneath leg nearly flying out from underneath me. Evil little things . . .
The only other thing I managed to do was a length of cross-rolls as everybody got off. Again, concentrating on pigeon toes (toes slightly turned in as you cross), and my balance felt good. I am still struggling with getting a nice outside edge though and they are still a bit straight.
That's all!


No comments:
Post a Comment