Grow Your Own Cat
I had a day off work today (I still have quite a lot of leave left, so will have lots of short weeks between now and Christmas), and went to the 11:00 skating session up at Ally Pally. Not as quiet as it was a couple of weeks ago, as I think some schools are having their half term this week.
Things that made me go "Humph"
- A small boy who made it his mission to seriously p*$$ me off today, by constantly crossing my path. Until I shouted at him . . . (don't worry, I didn't swear)
- Looking at the hire skates people were wearing. One young boy, I swear his ankles were touching the ice. HIs feet were pronated almost 90 degrees. How can you possibly learn to skate properly in those awful boots?
Things that made me go "Aaaahh"
- A small group of mentally and physically disabled people were taken to the rink. The look of joy on their face as they were pushed in their wheelchairs on the ice made me think about how much we take for granted, and how grateful we should be for small things.
- Watching a couple of tiny girls, their hair in cute ringletty bunches, learning to skate and seeing their confidence grow throughout the session.
Nothing much else to say about my session today - as it was not that quiet, I had to be careful with what I did, so did lots of stroking, some two foot turns, chasses, edges and stops. And a little bit of Canasta Tangoing . . .
Afterwards, I went to visit a friend who has been ill with flu, but is getting better now. One of my birthday presents from her was a cat to grow. No, seriously. You put the kitty into a glass of water, and it grows by 600% over 72 hours. I will take it to work on Monday and grow it - I will post its photographic progress!


4 comments:
OMG......I want the pink growing cat!!!!!!!!!
Mandi
I should have asked for suggestions for names :-)
I'm thinking "Doris" . . .
Josie....as in "Josie and the pussycats" :)
Penelope is also an option voted for by my nearest and dearest at the moment.
As in "Penelope PICKstop" (to keep the skating theme) :-)
Post a Comment