Birthday Girl!
Well, today I am officially in my fourth decade (eek!). I have entered the "dirty thirties" (I promise, this phrase was invented by my best mate, not me). I have reached the big Three Zero. And to be honest, the anticipation was far worse than the reality. I can now forget about my age again till next year! I have also spent the day scoffing chocolate cake, and it was so pretty and darned chocolatey, I took a picture with my mobile!
Back to skating and it was a mixed bag today.
The first half was good, although really, really busy. I practiced two foot turns a lot, and they were getting quite good (for me), one foot glides felt almost effortless and stopping was getting there, even on that 'orrible ice.
Then, I don't know what happened, but in the second half, things just fell apart. I couldn't do two foot turns AT ALL, stopping went to pot and even forward stroking became an effort. I am hoping that it is just due to birthday weekend tiredness (read, hangover recovery) and intend on having early nights from now until my test on Wednesday. I think the birthday Champagne in the fridge might have to wait until after Wednesday as well . . . .
The next time I blog, I will have taken my first test. Wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment