My memory works!
Whereas I normally skate both in the morning and afternoon sessions on my days off, today was just approximately an hour and a quarter this afternoon. I think my body is telling me that actually, for once, I should be resting myself physically as well as mentally :) Besides, this morning was so miserable looking . . .
At the beginning of the session, I had the ice more or less to myself for about 15 minutes - enough time to run through the Foxtrot, Waltz and Tango. They are still in my brain, so hopefully they will be there permanently now. I toepicked myself somehow on the NF, but managed to save myself - not really sure what happened though! I am finding the swings easier now, mostly because I am more confident about straightening the skating leg up when swinging through, and really, I'm just loving all the dances!!!
Apart from that, I did usual things - perimeter and Russian Stroking, 3-turns (which weren't playing too nicely today), mohawks, BXO's and forward edges.
Drags are feeling better - my dragging leg is no longer being yanked out to the side and I am getting the feeling of pushing my instep into the ice on the dragged foot.
I also spent a little time trying to get the feelng of a sustained backward inside edge, with the free leg crossed right behind me (like a spin entrance). It feels okay on the RBI's, but it just feels completely weird on the LBI's and I can't hold the position. Something else to practice in my slippers this evening . . .
I also apparently saw one of the celebrity's from Dancing On Ice 3 having a lesson with one of the coaches. But I am sorry, I have absolutely no idea who he is!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment