Monday evening practice
Tonight was one of those practice sessions that you really don't want to go to (it was very cold and rainy outside), but actually turns out to be really good.
Specific things I worked on today was:
3-turns which behaved themselves.
FXO's remembering 3turn's advice about pointing the knee in the direction I want to go, rather than thinking about the foot. Very helpful and I think it might have helped immensely. Difficult thing to check myself though, so will have to see what my coach says on Wednesday!
Bunnyhops and 3-jumps: Bunnyhops feel really not too bad now. 3-jumps are a little scary, but practicing quite a few of them on the barrier. Not quite ready to let go yet!
2 foot spins: I seem to have lost the 1 footness that I was doing in my lesson last week, but did quite a few 2-foot spins. The spin is getting a bit faster now and my weight is much more over the spinning foot.
Drags: Happening, but not so good as I seem to have actually pulled a muscle in my bum (don't laugh, please!). I swapped bedrooms with my flatmate last night, so was lifting and dragging piles of stuff and furniture, which didn't help, and then typical me, kept forcing myself into drags this evening. Hopefully it will be better by tomorrow . . .
2 foot turn from front to back: A strange thing to practice, all the way back from Level 3 (I think), but a good reason why. I don't like changing direction at speed, so want to get more comfortable doing these at speed, so I can turn without losing momentum.
Forward Chasse's: Something from my lesson last week, for the Canasta Tango - making sure I don't point my foot downwards on the chasse.
Crossrolls: I found that keeping the curves smaller means that I don't lose impetus and can actually keep up a fairly decent speed. I worked on the nice soft knees on these as well, so I sink down on the XO.
And amazingly, the ice down at the Littlest Rink was really pretty good! No troughs of melted ice down the middle, fairly smooth and really quite skateable!
I'm off to put a hot water bottle on my butt now . . .


2 comments:
I just noticed your new ice dance links - all those dances I've never tried ...
3turn
I know, there's TONS of them!
And I'm only on the first three . . .
:)
Post a Comment