3-Turns - grrrrrrrrr . . . .
Sorry I haven't posted in a week - after my session last Monday, I had a sore throat for four days, leading to groggy, blocked up coldy stuff. And I thought I had done so well in fighting it off! It also means that I didn't hit the ice for a whole week. I am still a little bit blocked up, but was getting impatient "resting".
Luckily, the Zamboni at the little rink has now been fixed - in fact, I think it was the best ice I've seen there. Still pretty bad, but better! I only skated for about three quarters of an hour today, and once again spent most the time doing 3-turns. Oh My God these are driving me insane. There might have been a smidgen of an improvement but I am still relying on the barrier. I am trying really hard not to think about the barrier - the only improvement I can see is that I am not leaning on it so heavily after the turn. Everyone is so kind telling me how hard they are, leaving me tips, and not to worry about it too much because they will "click". I just wish they would click a little faster!
The Dancing On Ice effect is also kicking in. The rink was pretty busy today, and it was difficult to find the room to practice my 3-turns. A lot of time was spent just doing forward stroking, but I don't mind that because it gives me a chance to practice my control. Lots of teeny tinies being dragged around the rink by their parents, who didn't skate much better than the teenies themselves! However, I believe it can only be a good thing when skating becomes more popular so I shall just have to put up with the extra people!
Speaking of Dancing On Ice, they all seem to be progressing quite nicely. I was completely stunned by Clare Buckfield's one-handed lift at the end of her routine - particularly when I read that she had a fractured rib as well!!
PS. The mouse is back (well, another one). We have stopped playing nice and have put poison down - Mickey has become completely noncholant and saunters around the flat, all hours of the day. I am feeling particularly vengeful towards it as last week, I slept with the small lamp on my halogen uplighter on after hearing some particularly offensive rustling in my bedroom (the light seems to keep him away). At four o'clock in the morning, I must have flung my arm out in my sleep and woke up to my hand sizzling on the metal shade of the lamp. I now have a burn across three of my fingers. All indirectly caused by a little sod in a furry coat . . .


2 comments:
Oh I am not good with mice so I really feel for you :( Hope you manage to get rid of it soon!
No sign of it since the weekend - can but hope!
I'm no good with them either. Whenever I've seen it, I've screamed and leapt about a foot in the air :-)
Post a Comment