A good start to the year
Back to skating class today. I was going to skate on Monday as well, to break myself in gently, but my back "twanged" on Monday at work and was really painful, so I rested it. Luckily it is fine now, but our chairs at work are awful!
So today was starting with Level 5 of Learn to Skate. A bit of gentle stroking to break our legs in, and then straight onto forward crossovers. I'd only done these once since the day I nutted myself on the ice, so was a little bit hesitant about this.
Much to my surprise, after doing a couple of these, the coach (a new one) pulled me off to one side, and asked me to do them on a clear bit of ice (I had been overtaking everyone else). Then she asked me to do them on the other leg (the side I had tripped on). So I did . . . . delicately. Then she asked me to do a backward snowplough - easy, I have been doing these for a while. And then I was asked to do a backward one foot glide, on both legs. Lifting my left foot was a bit of an ordeal, but I managed it. And then lastly, she firstly demonstrated, and then asked me to do a two foot spin. And I managed to do a couple of revolutions - not bad for a first time, doing it properly that is.
And then she put me straight into Level 6! And said I was a strong skater, to the Level 6 coach!!!!!
So, on my first lesson back, I have already moved up a level, which I am unbelievably chuffed about. And that means I have now passed:
- Forward crossovers in both directions
- Backwards snowplough stop
- Backward one foot glide
- Two foot spin (one revolution)
I can't believe how tired my legs were getting today - not skating for three weeks really showed itself. But all in all, a pretty good start to my skating year!
I must also take this opportunity to tell you about my new toy. I bought a Christmas present for myself last week - a Panasonic Breadmaker. Oh, it's wonderful! So far, I have made a granary loaf, a french white loaf, a malt loaf for people at work, and two banana and nut loaves. I highly recommend it! And waking up to the smell of freshly baking bread is just amazing . . .


2 comments:
Sancados favaneir que distrebrez. Naos wascieni ingranza tantenes dica umaisias, bomi quando gram, vet... La ya encarons jore lo ker, jamincia suovente his. Papeus um io robritorne tu coisabiancon jusa que il.
Can somebody help me out with this language please? :-)
I've tried every permutation through Babel and still can't translate it . . .
Post a Comment