Dancing On Ice is back!
Having been lucky enough to see some of the celebrities practicing over the last couple of months, I felt compelled to make a quick post after the first show last night.
I thought they were all pretty good, considering. The star of the show in my eyes was Clare Buckfield. A friend and I had commented (and said to Ms Buckfield) that she looked really good. And she was! She was truly skating, as opposed to following / being lifted by her partner throughout the routine. Step sequences and everything! She is my current personal favourite to win.
Duncan James was my second favourite. It looks as though he is lifting with ease already and has a nice flow on the ice. The ice is his "friend" (misquoting one of the judges). And of course, he is very pretty to look at!
Stephen Gately was not too bad, though looking a little unconfident. Hopefully that will grow over the weeks, as I have certainly seen him skating better. He is quite a little lad as well compared to the other men, which is a bit of a disadvantage.
Kyran Bracken I thought was great (and I am quite fond of rugby players too . . . ). He seems very dedicated to getting better, and his hard work payed off loads.
Out of the others:
Lisa Scott-Lee - shame she fell. Very supple though and good at lifts.
Kay Burley - quite rigid on the ice. Irks me somewhat as a person.
Phil Gayle - didn't see him skate so can't comment (was doing the washing up!)
Ulrika Jonsson - looked very elegant and poised. Holds herself well
Lee Sharpe - quite the entertainer. Cute too . . .
Emily Symons - her partner lifted her a lot and not much skating - look forward to seeing more footwork. And hideous costume!
I look forward to seeing what the coming weeks bring!
The last one I had seen at my rink was Foxy - such a shame he was voted off, as he was so enthusiastic. But I guess someone has to go.


2 comments:
Interesting comments Amanda. You were right about Clare Buckfield but I have a sneaking suspicion that she has skated before - no-one comes on the ice and does a right forward inside edge round a cone first time, do they?? If marks were given for how well you have progressed then Kyran would surely get them - I thought he was great especially doing waltz jumps. I think Duncan James is the dark horse - he looks very good on the ice and has the right physique. I thought the football chap's backward crossovers were very impressive and I thought he and his partner danced together well - very synchronised. Early days!! Kay Burley doesn't seem to have gone down well with anybody plus she has no poise in her arms ( a bit like Kelly Holmes last year). I think Stephen Gately could get better but he needs to bend those knees ( how many times have I heard that!!).
By the way Amanda will you be skating tomorrow because This Morning on ITV usually drops into a rink round about mid-day to see what the celebrities are up to - I wondered whether we might see you practising in the background - let us know what you are wearing so we can look out for you!!
Hi Jane! To be honest, I am not sure if Clare had skated before or not. From speaking to her, I didn't get the impression she had, but you never know . . .
Unfortunately I won't be skating tomorrow - work gets in the way of my skating! However, I might be in a couple of weeks :-)
I thought Lee Sharpe (the football chap) had good backward crossovers as well. And I was really impressed with Kyran's waltz jump - I almost burst into applause when I saw it!
Post a Comment