Fear lifts a little more
I had a good practice up at Ally Pally this evening. It was quite busy, but quietened down significantly in the last half hour which is always good.
Ran through my usual stuff, which I won't bore you with today, as I have a lesson tomorrow evening, and will probably go into it in my usual minute detail :)
Did a couple of spirals - they are beginning to feel stronger, but they do tend to fall onto my inside edge right at the end. I also tried one in an attitude position, which D wants to put into my free dance, and it actually felt okay! However, as it is about 12 years since I tried to maintain a proper attitude, I got a little bit of cramp in my hip :) It was always one of my favourite positions when I was dancing though, so I am fairly confident that I can get it to look nice.
I spent quite a lot of time doing "tricks" actually - my Ina Bauer is getting a little better, as I found that bending my front knee more helps a little (when doesn't it?!!!). I also did a lot of 3-jumps, near the barrier but not using it. And they really went okay! Okay, so I probably was only jumping about half an inch of the ice, but recently, it really does feel like some of the overall fear is lifting a bit. At this rate, I'll become positively kamikaze in a few months!!!
Ran through my Rhythm Blues a few times - the closed chasses are not going well at the moment, so did some slower nearer the barrier to work on foot placement. The rest is feeling quite good though - a lot smoother and faster. Probably why the closed chasses feel so hairy :)


No comments:
Post a Comment