What a lovely weekend!
Well, apart from being rained on while waiting to go into Lee Valley Ice rink yesterday (typically), wasn't it a beautiful weekend?!
I had quite a good practice session, only slightly dampened by a higher percentage than normal of numpties who thought skating against the flow was a fantastic idea.
Practiced everything I should, including forward perimeter stroking, forward crossrolls, forward and backward Russian stroking, BXO's, FI mohawk exercise, landing positions and bauers.
I spent aaages today doing 3-turns. Just 3-turns!! I've been getting into a nasty habit of putting my foot down as soon as I turn, so wanted to practice lots of FO3's, holding the BO edge on the exit. Satisfied with how they went.
I tried a couple of tentative spins. Most of the time, I do the entrance and then as my foot catches the 3turn (is this the "hook"?) , my weight falls forward. However, for the first time in practice, I did manage to get a couple of revolutions out of just one :) Very slow and wobbly, but its a start!
And at the beginning of the session, when I had warmed up very quickly, and the rink was still empty, I even got a few runthroughs of the Dutch Waltz, and the Rhythm Blues especially, trying very hard to remember all the nitty gritty corrections we did in my lesson! The RB does feel soooo much stronger now.


No comments:
Post a Comment