Lesson time again
As last week, I had my lesson up at Ally Pally and then went down to meet Stacey at the Littlest Rink.
Lesson time was okay today:
Backward Crossovers: I am working on moving away from the barrier, little by little. I will get there, I am determined, but I am not going to stress about it. Apart from the mental block, they actually feel quite good.
3-turns: I did mostly FO3's today with the Level 6's. I figured that I am getting annoyed with the FI3's and I haven't practiced the FO3's for ages, so decided to spend some time doing them. They feel quite nice on the whole, and about 50% of the time, I can get a good exit from them.
Change of Edge: I asked for some help with my arms today as it felt like I was swimming! So, if I have it right, you push off on (in this example) onto a LFO, with your left arm in front. You then swing your right leg through, bringing your right arm forward and pulling up off your LFO. You then swing your right leg back again (like a pendulum!) and sink down into a LFI, keeping your right arm in front. Getting there kind of!
Cross Rolls: Second time doing these, and I love doing them - they weren't very good in my lesson though
Then it was hot-footing it (or should that be cold-footing it - hehe!) down to the Littlest Rink, where I did some more LFO3's, some changes of edge which started feeling better and some more cross rolls which I loved even more and am really beginning to get the hang of now. On the cross rolls I just need to remember to bend my knees more and to get right onto that outside edge when I crossover. I didn't skate for too long though as I will be skating a lot over the next few days and my feet were getting chilly today.
Stacey did quite well today - we spent some time on her backward skating and she is beginning to get the hang of it now. She managed a little better with her boots as well, only having to stop about five times this time!
By the way, this is my 100th post! Just thought I would mention it!


2 comments:
Happy 100th, lol!
Thank you Clare!
:-D
Post a Comment