Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A summary!

Suddenly realised I haven't updated on any skating stuff for a week and a half! Summary then . . .

Last Tuesday was a practice - bit bleugh, brain not in my feet at all. Overdid the drags and pulled a muscle in my groin . . . . AGAIN!

Wednesday was lesson day - not bad. Golden Skaters Waltz coming on - apparently its lovely up to the corner, I need to keep my toe forward when doing the chasse (suddenly I was doing them perfectly - breakthrough!) and bend my knees more on the crossroll. Step sequence is getting a little faster (in terms of steps, not in terms of ice coverage!) and did everything in it, including toe steps, twizzles - just missed out the drag with sore groin.

Thursday was my first synchro session! I was really apprehensive about this, and the coach kept telling me I looked scared, lol. The lesson comprised two elements which I am told are the hardest two things - one of which I did, and one I didn't. I DID do the wheel - I was put in the middle of a spoke and did the sequence - three spoke wheel, changing to four spoke wheel, change hold, change to a parallel wheel (not sure if this is the correct term) and then one line. Scary, and the first time I was taken aback at the sheer centrifugal force pulling you outward! I did better on subsequent wheel sequences, as someone told me to step towards the centre of the wheel - I think this will do sheer wonders for stepping into my backward crossovers! I did have rather sore arms from this the next day though.

The other thing they did which I backed out of was pass-throughs. The steps were a bit of a muddle in my head, and until I have them clear, I'm not ready to hare backwards towards a line of people and hope that I pass between two of them, WHILST doing a 3-turn! I am looking forward to trying some slightly simpler stuff as well, to give me a more rounded idea of what it is about :)

Saturday - I was a little tired after being up till one o'clock the night before, baking a birthday cake for someone and just mooched around doing this and that. Nothing special.

This evening - practice again. Not too bad - mohawks getting better I think. I can just about get through the Level 2 mohawk FM exercise if I don't do it fast. Which is better than it was when the LFI mohawks were half of the time fudged. Played around with spins as well - kept them mostly two foot still, as trying to get used to where to spin on my blade. Perhaps a little progress?!

Lesson time again tomorrow!

6 comments:

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

Sooner you than me, doing synchro!

Amanda said...

Not keen on the idea then Mrs R?!

Anonymous said...

Probably see you in Holiday on Ice soon then?!!

Amanda said...

Hehe - I don't think THAT will be happening any time soon!!!

Clare O said...

I think Synchro would scare the crap out of me!

Amanda said...

It did a very good job of doing that to me this evening Clare.

Honestly, I have not been so scared on a pair of skates before!! I seriously hope the fear lifts a little bit!!!